Friday, March 14, 2008

Hello, everyone! Yes, we are still alive and kickin' here in Cameroon. I know it's been a really, really long time since the last post, but our internet it not quite up to par with the rest of the world.

We are doing good and ministry is going well for us here. We had the opportunity to take a trip up North last month and it was great to see a different side of Cameroon. It is like a totally different country up there and the people were so friendly. It was a 3 day drive to the city of Maroua and when I say three days, I mean three 10 to 13 hour days of driving. All I can say is that I can't wait to see interstate when we get back to the States! I praise God for a husband who loves to drive and is great at it! It was definitely an adventure driving instead of flying but it was great to see the countryside and how the people live. Well, I will post some pics and let you see it for yourselves.

For other news, we will be arriving back in Bama in June for our time of furlough. We look forward to seeing everyone.

6 comments:

Vickie said...

I'm so glad you posted. I check at least once a day.

I bet you are all excited about coming home. Can't wait to see you guys!

Love ya! Vickie

~Crystal~ said...

I can't believe you are coming back again already! Didn't you just go over there? Wow!

I'm glad to see you blogged & are doing good! Hope to see you when you get back to Bama.

Anonymous said...

Kristen and Joel, loved the pics!! You guys get to see some really unique things that we don't have the opportunity to see or experience..like that hotel room. Man, that was like none I've ever seen to be sure!!!! Bring me one or two of those lovely blue birds home as a present. They are so pretty!! You know me and bluebirds! Love you so much, MOM

Nicole said...

awesome! thanks for taking time to update!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the cool pics. love to see all the gigis. love you guys.

Staci said...

Love the pictures. I will share them with our kids during BGMC! I will be through Bama in May- too bad I can't see you then!