Monday, December 04, 2006

Happy Holidays!!!

Joel and I after our big Thanksgiving dinner at Jim and Cynthia Lemon's house


Here's Kristen stuffing her face. I'm not sure but I don't think all that food is going to fit.
Here's Joel enjoying his food. Yum! Yum!
Wow, what a feast we had this Thanksgiving! This was Kristen's plate.
Joel is taking this photo of us at the dinner table with Jim, Cynthia, Michael, Amelia and Kristen



Well, I was going to post more pics of our ministry stuff here in Africa but I guess I will post our holiday pics first because it takes so long with our internet. We had a really nice Thanksgiving with our missionary mentors, Jim and Cynthia Lemons and another missionary, Amelia. We all got together and had a really big Thanksgiving meal. We couldn't find a turkey but we had just about everything else. We had chicken, ham, sweet potato casserole, stuffing (the best I've had so far), green bean casserole, and pies (pumpkin--my favorite, pecan and coconut cream). Yummy!!! It was all so delicious. Cynthia did a wonderful job with the cooking. We had a good time of food and fellowship. It is always hard to be so far away from friends and family during the holiday season, but we are so grateful for the other missionary families here in Cameroon.

Well, we actually found an artificial Christmas tree in Yaounde and a few decorations. I am so happy that we will be able to have a Christmas tree even though it is really hot and dusty outside. So we are still working on decorating the tree as I post. I will try to get a picture posted as soon as possible.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

That looks like a good ole' Alabama Thanksgiving dinner to me!!

~Crystal~ said...

That food looks so good!

I'm so glad you got a tree!

Anonymous said...

I found this blog through another one..... Read you were missionaries in Africa! That is awesome! How good is it that people can stay connected online! It must be encouraging for you.

Wow.. thanksgiving... we don't get that in australia... but that food looks incredible. *drools*

Anonymous said...

We are so glad that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are praying that your Christmas is as blessed, even without a Wal-mart! We love you and our small group is praying for you. Merry Christmas!
Judy & Ray Smith